- Don't embed your own watermark, website name, or copyright notice in your images. We protect your images with our own watermark, which is applied when your image is accepted to our site.
- Don't "frame" or put decorative borders your photos.
- Don't send snapshots. We do not accept photos with heavy shadows from the on-camera flash. Make sure your images have a clear topic and focus.
- Don't send 10 snapshot pictures of your family pet.
- Don't send dark or muddy travel pictures.
- Don't send the same image with slight variations on the angle.
- Don't send the same image in color, black and white, sepia, and blue tone. One color version is enough. If any variation on color actually enhances the image, then you may submit it separately, but we do not want a batch of photos where each is submitted in four different ways.
- Don't send similar shots when only one is your favorite. Edit on your own. Keep batch sizes of similar subjects down to the bare minimum.
- Don't send flower pictures labeled "Flower" or "Spring Scene". Photos of flowers should be labeled with the scientific or common name. Labeling plants and animals with their scientific names may increase your sales (*Please avoid sending mediocre images that we already have a lot of such as sunsets, flowers, nature, etc.).
Submissions must NOT contain any copyrighted material including paintings, other copyrighted photos, copyrighted logos, or any other art/advertisements/sculptures/exhibits or audio which are copyrighted. If submitted material contains any of these or other types of copyrighted content, you must either submit releases from the copyright owners or you must mark the images as editorial and create an appropriate caption in Dateline Format for the description.